Nursing Diagnosis and Nursing Intervention for Schizophrenia
Impaired Verbal Communication
- changes in thought processes (delusions).
Can Perform verbal communication
Nursing Intervention for Schizophrenia
- Trusting relationship with clients.
- Do not argue and support the client's delusions.
- Tell the nurse received: I accept your beliefs, accompanied by expressions received.
- Tell the nurse does not support: conscious for me to trust him with expressions of doubt and empathy.
- Not discuss the content of delusional clients.
- Make sure clients are safe and protected.
- Use the openness and honesty
- Do not leave the client alone
- Clients are assured a safe place, not alone.
- Clients can identify capabilities that owned
- Give credit to the appearance and the reality of the client's ability.
- Discuss with the client's capabilities in the past and present realistic.
- Ask what you can do (activities of daily living)
- If the client is always talking about delusions, delusions listen to nothing.
- Clients can identify unmet needs :
- Observation of the daily needs of clients
- Discussion unmet needs of clients both at home during / at the hospital.
- Relationship unmet needs and the emergence of delusions.
- Increase activities that can meet the needs of the client (the client for scheduled events).
- Clients can connect with reality:
- Talking with clients in the context of the reality (other people, places, times)
- Include the client in a therapeutic group activity: reality orientation
- Give credit to the positive activities undertaken each client.